- Private guided tour of Rome, spread over two full days
- Enjoy a skip-the-line tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peters Basilica
- Explore the subterranean catacombs that lie underneath the Appian Way
- Make use of a Rome hotel pickup and drop-off service each day
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: If you are staying in a hotel with a lobby, please wait for your personal chauffeur there. If you are staying in an apartment or other accommodation without a lobby, please wait for the driver in the street near your house number. Pick-up only within the city Aurelian walls.
Return point: Returns to the original departure point.
What To Expect
Start your day with pickup from your Rome hotel, and travel into the center with your private driver. Your morning kicks off with a sightseeing tour that takes in a mix of Rome’s classic sights along with some that the usual tourist itineraries miss. Visit Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, and the Spanish Steps alongside Santa Maria della Pace. See the Ponte Sant’Angelo, lined with angel sculptures by Bernini, and admire the views of Castel Sant’Angelo aka the Emperor Hadrian’s mausoleum.
After a break for lunch, head to the Vatican with your skip-the-line ticket. Bypass the main ticket line to step inside the vast Vatican Museum complex, seeing highlights such as Raphael’s Rooms, the Gallery of the Maps, the Tapestry Gallery, and the Sistine Chapel with its lauded Michelangelo frescoes. Your day tour ends with a walk around St. Peter’s Basilica to see La Pietà, Bernini’s bronze baldachin, and the papal tombs.
Day 2: Appian Way, Catacombs, Colosseum, and the Roman Forum
After another morning pickup, travel with your guide to the Ancient Appian Way to explore the catacombs that lie beneath the old Roman road. Used as cemeteries for Rome’s persecuted early Christians, the catacombs are fascinating to explore, stretching some 93 miles (150km) in underground corridors.
From the Appian way, travel into the heart of ancient Rome for some free time for lunch and a skip-the-line tour of the Colosseum. Bypass the general ticket line, then explore the ancient amphitheater that was used for gladiatorial games under the rule of the bloodthirsty Roman emperors. Learn about the dangerous animal battles and the gladiator’s skills as you explore, then head outside to stroll around Palatine Hill. Finish with a visit to the Roman Forum, and discover the Temple of Vestal Virgins and triumphal arches among other monumental Roman ruins.
Please note: A minimum of two people per booking is required.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 9 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and Vatican Museum. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 7 people per booking
- Important: please note that you can not get to the Colosseum with large bags / backpacks / suitcases. You may bring small bags, but there is no cloakroom service inside the Colosseum to accommodate large items
- Selfie sticks cannot be used inside the Colosseum for security reasons
- The first tour is not a guided tour but only a sightseeing tour with a driver, not a guide.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Standard program could suffer variation, accordingly to the availabilities of the moment or extraordinary events
- SOMETIMES BASILICA AND SISTINE CHAPEL MAY CLOSE WITHOUT NOTICE. WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE THE VISIT TO THE BASILICA DURING RELIGIOUS HOLIDAYS AND CEREMONIES (Audiences, Beatifications, Masses of the POPE)
- Wheelchair users and walker users cannot have access to Saint Peter Basilica, Catacombs and Palatine Hill
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We kindly inform you that any kind of disability (mobility issues, wheelchair, visual impairment, hearing impairment,... ) or anything that might prevent you to regularly join the tour, MUST BE communicate in advance to our staff. For people with disabilities, the tour route may be different from the one presented.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Tour In Rome by Tour in the City
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Best of Rome in Two Days Private Guided Tour and Chauffeur Service -VIP Entrance.