- Morning or afternoon whale-watching cruise, from San Diego
- Look for gray whales in the wild as they migrate along the coast of California
- Learn about the migration from the Arctic to the breeding grounds of Baja California
- Travel with an experienced crew who shares fascinating facts about the Pacific Ocean's marine life
- Interaction with Trained Docents from the San Diego Natural History Museum
- Spot other marine animals including sea lions, seals, seabirds and dolphins
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Pier 2--970 N. Harbor Drive. Directions: • Driving South on I-5: Exit Front Street/Civic Center, go three blocks, right on Ash Street. Follow Ash to the water, left on Harbor Drive. Ticket booth will be on the right near the Broadway intersection • Driving North on I-5: Exit Hawthorne Street/Airport. Turn left and continue to the water. Left on Harbor Drive. Ticket booth will be on the right near the Broadway intersection
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
See these majestic marine mammals on a morning or afternoon whale-watching tour from San Diego. Make your own way to Navy Pier to board your boat, a sturdy and well-equipped vessel with both indoor and outdoor seating areas. Head out on the waters of the Pacific Ocean with your expert crew who provides informative commentary about the marine life that you may encounter, including different species of dolphins, seabirds, sea lions, seals and—if all goes according to plan—gray whales.
Choose from a morning or afternoon tour that works with your schedule. At the end of your tour, your captain returns you to Navy Pier.
Guarantee: Viewing whales in the wild is a breathtaking experience, however mother nature can be unpredictable. If whales are not sighted during your tour, you'll receive a 'whale check' for another complimentary whale-watching or harbor tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There are Personal Floatation Devices on board for all guests, as per Coast Guard requirements. You do not need to wear life vest or the provided PFD's during the course of this cruise. However, if you would prefer to have children wear the PFD's during the course of the cruise, please advise so at the time of booking in the Special Requirements box.
- Cruises are wheelchair accessible depending on which pier they depart from. Please let us know if you require a wheelchair accessible cruise so that we can confirm that your requested cruise date has wheelchair accessible departures.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Seating is only guaranteed together for the number of tickets confirmed on this voucher. Reservations may not be combined.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hornblower Cruises Events
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by San Diego Winter Whale Watching Expedition Cruise.
- "I highly recommended taking one Dramamine before departs because the ferry moves a lot during the three hours." See review