- San Diego sailing excursion
- Beer, soft drinks and snacks included on board
- Small-group tour is limited to just 12 people, ensuring an intimate experience
- Bring your own music to play on the surround-sound speakers!
- Choose from a daytime or sunset sail
Departure & Return
Sail San Diego is Southern California's only sailing charter to have its own private marina. Once you see the big "Shelter Island" sign in the middle of the street, you have arrived!
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Enjoy a sunny afternoon on the water or set sail on a sunset cruise that takes you out on the Pacific to watch the sun drop into the horizon with the glistening city lights behind you. No matter which sail you choose, enjoy beer, soft drinks and snacks to complement your cruise. Provided polar-fleece jackets, hats and wind gear are on hand if you get chilly. There are also sunglasses and sunscreen for your use too, and provided binoculars allow you to admire the coastline or look for wildlife! Bring your own music to plug into the boat's surround-sound system to further personalize your trip.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You MUST call the local operator to confirm your departure time after booking. Departure times vary throughout the year. Guest must contact Sail San Diego after purchase for the exact departure time.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Sail San Diego
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Small-Group San Diego Sunset Sailing Excursion.