- Walking tour of San Francisco's Chinatown
- Tour popular sights and off-the-beaten-path spots that only locals know about
- See the buzzing food markets along Stockton Street and explore Waverly Place
- Pop into an herbal pharmacy and an authentic Buddhist temple
- Sample fortune cookies at the factory where they are made
- Learn about Chinatown's fascinating history and culture from your expert insider guide
- Upgrade includes a mouthwatering 9-course dim sum lunch
Departure & Return
The cross street is Grant Avenue
The tour ends on Grant Ave., 2 blocks from Old St. Mary's Cathedral, the starting site of the tour.
What To Expect
Your tour starts in Chinatown, where you meet your informative guide. As you wander this colorful, lively neighborhood, listen to commentary from your guide about Chinatown’s history, culture and present-day authenticity. Take note of Chinese decorations that line the streets, pass by buildings designed like pagodas, and visit an herbal pharmacy, where you hear about medicinal uses of items such as ginseng root, pearl pills, and gecko lizards.
Follow your guide along Stockton Street, which bustles with markets selling seafood and some of San Francisco’ most exotic ingredients, and learn a bit about Chinatown's religious influence at a Buddhist temple that’s home to gold antiques and urns filled with incense. Pass by a Chinese-language school, and stop at Waverly Place, an intriguing 2-block alley lined with temples and secret clubs.
Next up, head to fortune cookie factory, where you can observe how the treats are made and enjoy a sample. Your walking tour ends near your starting point, from where can continue exploring on your own; perhaps visit the local shops or have lunch at a restaurant recommended by your guide.
If you upgrade when booking to the 9-course luncheon, sit down to delicious dim sum at a favorite Chinatown restaurant. See below for a sample menu.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tours operate rain or shine; please dress appropriately
- If you have dietary restrictions, the restaurant can make substitutions upon your request
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY All About Chinatown Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff