- 3-hour beginning surfing lesson in Santa Cruz
- Learn how to surf from an experienced instructor
- Practice paddling out, popping up and catching waves in a calmer section of the ocean beach
- Get tips on ocean safety and surfing etiquette
- Includes all equipment needed for the surfing lesson
Departure & Return
Your surf instructors will meet in the small beach parking lot right at the beach entrance adjacent to the entrance to the Wharf (pier). We'll be right by the public beach restrooms and showers.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Adventure Out LLC
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Also, the waves were quite calm so this would be good for those that are quite new to surfing and maybe a little hesitant to try." See review