- Off-road Jeep tour through the Sonoran Desert, from Sedona
- Enjoy views of the rugged desert landscape, including Capitol Butte and Chimney Rock
- Explore ancient canyon ruins and learn about the rock wall art at the Honanki Heritage Site from your knowledgeable guide
- Admire impressive red rock formations and delve into mysterious Diamondback Gulch (if upgrade selected)
- Choose from two tour options with several departure times
Departure & Return
Tours depart from our office which is located at 204 N. Highway 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your guide expertly maneuvers your tough 4-wheel drive vehicle through the desert, allowing for close views of plant life such as prickly pear cactus, grasslands, and piñon pine; you might even spot some critters if you're lucky. Enjoy great photo ops of Arizona Red Rock Country's famously beautiful rock formations and canyons.
Choose from the following options for your tour. All tours end with the return to your starting point.
Ancient Ruins Tour:
Travel through gorgeous canyons with towering red rock formations in every direction during this tour that includes plenty of stops to explore particularly scenic spots among the ancient canyon walls. Take time to learn about the features of the Honanki Heritage Site, a former cliff dwelling of the Sinagua people, who were Pueblo ancestors of the Hopi. Your guide explains the symbols found in the rock art of the 700-year-old ruins and shares the history of this ancient land.
Ancient Ruins and Diamondback Gulch Combo Tour:
Extend your Ancient Ruins tour to include a trip to Diamondback Gulch. After seeing the ruins at Honanki Heritage Site, descend into spectacular grand arroyos with famous rock formations such as Capitol Butte, Chimney Rock, Lizard Head, and Doe Mesa. Feel your heart pound as you snake along the Sidewinder trail and plunge into the depth of Diamondback Gulch. As you emerge on the other side, amazing views open up before your eyes.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- This tour involves about a small amount of walking
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or for persons with back or neck injuries
- Please wear comfortable outdoor clothing, sturdy hiking boots/tennis shoes, hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Pink Jeep Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Sedona Off-Road Jeep Tour to Ancient Ruins.
- "I would not recommend these tours for anyone who has back issues or gets motion sickness." See review