Explore our promoted experiences
- Visit the fascinating ancient Wupatki ruins and Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument
- Drive along the East Rim and South Rim, stopping to enjoy the views and explore by foot
- Enjoy lunch at the historic Cameron Trading Post on a Navajo reservation
- Small-group tour limited to 14 people ensures personalized attention from your informative guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Wupatki National Monument is your first major stop. As your guide explains, the ancient Native American civilization of Sinagua lived here for 400 years. Then ancient desert dwellers witnessed the dramatic eruption of Sunset Crater Volcano nearly a millennium ago, which destroyed their homes and forced them out. Your tour includes a visit to the lava fields at Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument.
Take a break from touring with a stop for lunch at the historic Cameron Trading Post. The view of the Little Colorado River Gorge from the deck here is especially striking.
After lunch, re-board your mini-coach to head into the Grand Canyon for an afternoon of exploring this magnificent natural wonder. Stop at lookout points along the canyon's East Rim and South Room for dramatic vistas of gorges below. There's time at leisure for exploring on your own at your own pace.
Throughout the entire day, whether you're exploring by foot or on the mini-coach, your expert guide teaches you about the history, archaeology, geology, and flora and fauna of the Grand Canyon and the surrounding area.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Closed-toe shoes, sunscreen and a hat are strongly advised
- Layers are suggested for fall, winter, and spring months
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- HOTEL INFORMATION IS REQUIRED 72 HOURS PRIOR TO TOUR DATE
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Ma Pa Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff