- Izmir shore excursion to Ephesus and House of the Virgin Mary
- Guided tour of Ephesus' ancient sights
- Explore the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
- Enjoy a lunch of authentic Turkish cuisine (included)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- English-speaking local tour guide
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Izmir Port
What To Expect
Next, stroll toward the historic Christian ruins of Ephesus, a highlight of Izmir. Ephesus has much historic importance in the Book of Revelation and as a city significant in the early days of Christianity. Once in Ephesus, explore the enchanting Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Follow your guide to the Library of Celsus, the Great Theatre and fascinating temples.
Stop for a lunch break at a local Turkish restaurant, where you can indulge in local specialties and learn about cuisine in Turkey. Then, continue exploring Izmir with your expert guide. At the House of the Virgin Mary, see the building where this historical figure spent the remaining days of her life. After, make your way back along the scenic waterfront to your ship, where you’ll board in time for your departure.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
This trip ensures your on-time return to Izmir's port. It is unlikely, but should your ship depart before your return, transportation will be arranged to your next port. Your money will be refunded if your arrival to the port of Izmir is delayed. See the terms and conditions for details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited
- At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Neon Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Izmir Shore Excursion: Day Trip to Ephesus and House of Virgin Mary.