- Full-day trip to two historical towns in western Sicily
- Enjoy views of the Tyrrhenian Sea from the hilltop town of Erice
- Explore Erice’s charming medieval streets and squares
- See the well-preserved Greek ruins at Segesta
- Be transported in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle in the company of a friendly tour leader
Departure & Return
Departure Point1: Piazza Ruggiero Settimo, 15, 90139 Palermo PA, Italy
2: P.zza Mordini, 90141 Palermo, PA, Italy
3: P.za Giulio Cesare, 5, 90127 Palermo PA, Italy
4: Foro Italico Umberto I, 22b, 90133 Palermo PA, Italy
5: Via Montepellegrino, 62, 90142 Palermo PA, Italy
6: Viale Principe di Scalea, 40, 90151 Palermo PA, Italy
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Be captivated by illuminating commentary that reveals the legends surrounding Erice, and then capture photographs of panoramic Sicilian vistas as you tour the ambient tangle of Mediterranean lanes. Sample freshly baked pastry in quaint bakeries (at your own expense) before traveling onward to Segesta, another city associated with the ancient Elymian people, and opt to enter the captivating archeological site independently, at your own expense. Once within, discover the ancient ruins at your leisure, appreciating the ancient majesty of the Doric temple, a 5th-century structure that boasts panoramic vistas of the undulating valleys.
Historical knowledge enriched, return to your vehicle and relax during the scenic drive back to Palermo, where the tour concludes.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- Please advise any mobility restriction at time of booking
- Please note the duration of the tour is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the day and traffic conditions
- Minimum number apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY TOUR OF SICILY - DAY TOURS
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Erice and Segesta Day Trip from Palermo.