7 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Hotel pickup and drop-off (Catania or Taormina)
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Cable Car Ticket
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
This activity will end right where it started.All hotels and addresses in Catania, Taormina and Giardini Naxos Important: During the booking, please communicate the address of the pickup in Catania or Teaormina.
This operator has two meet-up options available. You can either meet at the departure point below or select a location for pick-up.
Funivia dell'Etna , Località Cantoniera - Etna Sud, 95030 Nicolosi CT, Italy
Go-Etna Meeting Point - Etna SUD
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Type of trekking Etna: ring (the same starting and ending point).
- Stages: Sapienza Refuge – craters 2002 – view Valle del Bove – summit craters – crater 2001 – back.
- Elevation: approximately + 500m, -1000m, over 12km.
- Travel time: approximately 7 hours, 09h00 – 16h00.
- Altitude: 1920m> 2500m by cable car, 2500m> 2920m by 4 × 4 bus and trek to Etna summit.
- Difficulty: very difficult level.
- Minimum age is 18 years
- The excursion to the summit crater zone is dangerous, forbidden to those with heart diseases and asthma.
- Recommended equipment:
- UV3 sunglasses, hiking shoes, gloves, hat, sunscreen, 3-layer clothing (for different temperatures during the tour), water and food.
- Conditions of the offer: The Tour is available from May to September. It is a group tour that will be offered only with a minimum of 5 participants.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Go-Etna
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Etna Summit Trekking 3350m?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Etna Summit Trekking 3350m?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Etna Summit Trekking 3350m?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Etna Summit Trekking 3350m?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Etna Summit Trekking 3350m
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursTrolley Tours Nature and WildlifeSafarisExtremeWalking ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingSicily4WD Tours - CataniaSporting Events - CataniaBus Tours - CataniaTrolley Tours - CataniaNature and Wildlife - CataniaSafaris - CataniaExtreme - CataniaWalking Tours - CataniaFull-day Tours - Catania4WD Tours - TaorminaSporting Events - TaorminaBus Tours - TaorminaTrolley Tours - TaorminaNature and Wildlife - TaorminaSafaris - TaorminaExtreme - TaorminaWalking Tours - TaorminaFull-day Tours - Taormina4WD Tours - PalermoSporting Events - PalermoBus Tours - PalermoTrolley Tours - PalermoNature and Wildlife - PalermoSafaris - PalermoExtreme - PalermoWalking Tours - PalermoFull-day Tours - PalermoCategory
Taormina Greek Theatre (Teatro Greco)MarsalaKolymbetra Garden (Giardino della Kolymbethra)Benedictine Monastery of San Nicolò l'Arena (Monastero Benedettini di San Nicolò l'Arena) Taormina Cathedral (Duomo) and Piazza del DuomoHouse Museum of Soap (Casa Museo del Sapone)Massimo Bellini Opera House (Teatro Massimo Bellini)Via Crociferi (Via dei Crociferi) Cefalù Cathedral (Duomo di Cefalù)Branciforte Palace (Palazzo Branciforte)MartoranaValley of the Temples (Valle dei Templi)Politeama Garibaldi Theater (Teatro Politeama Garibaldi)Chiaramonte-Steri Palace (Palazzo Chiaramonte-Steri)Piazza IX AprileNeapolis Archaeological Park (Parco Archeologico della Neapolis)Ear of Dionysius (Orecchio di Dionisio)Piazza DuomoMassimo Opera House (Teatro Massimo)Fountain of Neptune (Fontana di Nettuno)