- A rare opportunity to climb to the summit craters of Mt. Etna
- Learn about Sicily’s active volcano with a volcanologist guide
- Take in views from an altitude of 10,000 feet (3,250 meters)
- Helmets and trekking poles provided for a safe hike
Departure & Return
The appointment is at 8:30 AM at parking in front of Esagonal Bar. Here the coordinate: Latitude 37.7003505 - Longitude: 14.9988163. We are here with one yellow van.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This type of itinerary, in relation to the type, is suited to people in good physical health, not suffering from particular diseases (breathing ones, or hypertension).
- The excursion could be subjected to variations at the discretion of the Guides, or it could be interrupted in case of changes of the environmental, climatic or volcanic conditions, so as to undermine the safety of the entire group.
- For the success of the excursion and for its correct carrying out, it’s good to know perfectly your health conditions and, if necessary, let the Guide know about them, in order to reduce the occurrence of any problems and to avoid any risks.
- The excursion will be carried out according to the limits established by the ordinance in force published by the competent authorities in case of volcanic explosions, the volcano guides must respect it. In this case the guides must stop where it is still safe to arrive for the safety of the entire group.
- The route consists of the ascent and the walking along the crater edges, this may cause dizziness to susceptible individuals.
- We recommend not to use contact lens, because of the exhaled volcanic gases and of ash. This last one could easily cause problems, if pushed.
- The trekking requires a discrete preparation on a physical level. Being a path that develops at high altitude, it will be easy to accuse symptoms of fatigue. It is required attention, since it is a volcanic active area, subjected to constant gaseous exhalations and composed by a soil constituted by inconsistent and unstable rocks.
- Without adequate shoes you are not covered by insurance.
- Pregnant women who have passed the third month of pregnancy are not allowed to take part to any excursion activity.
- Because of the continuous and unpredictable evolution of the volcanic activity, the excursions could undergo variations, or, in extreme cases, be cancelled, at the discretion of the guide for safety reasons.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Guide Vulcanologiche Etna Nord
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "Strongly recommend this tour for a once in a life experience on MT Etna!" See review