Explore our promoted experiences
- A comprehensive introduction to the Sicilian city ideal for first-time visitors
- Tick off top attractions such as Annunziarta dei Catalani Church and the Bell Tower and Astronomical Clock (Orologio Astronomico)
- Admire Sicilian art and artefacts at Museo Regionale Interdisciplinare (Regional Museum)
- Port pickup and drop-off are included
Departure & Return
The guide will meet you inside of the port, on the left side of the ship. She will have a signboard on which will be written the name of our company: DISCOVER MESSINA SICILY and you will also see our logo: A LION HEAD.
FOR THE GUESTS THAT ARE NOT CRUISE SHIP PASSENGERS: The meeting point at our office DISCOVER MESSINA SICILY, located in Via I Settembre, 110.
The travellers will meet the guide in front of the small three columns temple, located in front of the port of Giardini Naxos.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Stop first at the Bell Tower and Astronomical Clock (Orologio Astronomico) at Messina’s cathedral to hear about the landmark’s destruction and reconstruction.
See, too, the Annunziarta dei Catalani Church — a sublime example of 12th-century Arab-Norman architecture — and admire the Church of Christ the King and the Church of Montalto.
After weaving your way along the serpentine roads of the Ionian Coast, you’ll stop at the Museo Regionale Interdisciplinare (Regional Museum) to explore 13 rooms filled with religious art painted by masters such as Carvaggio.
Your tour concludes with port drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY DISCOVER MESSINA SICILY
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff