- Full-day trip to Chianti from Siena with an expert guide
- See dramatic Italian castles and learn of their strategic importance during medieval wars between Siena and Florence
- Tour Castello di Brolio and its impressive vineyards
- Enjoy a Tuscan lunch and a wine tasting at Castello di Ama
- Small-group tour (maximum eight people) provides a unique and intimate experience
Departure & Return
Meet under the large tree next to the red brick church
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Feel your intrigue heighten as you approach the enchanting Castello di Brolio, a medieval castle that enjoys a vertiginous hilltop perch. Gain fascinating insight into the fortress’ turbulent history and hear tales of bloody battles and the castle's radical transformation. Embark on some pleasant exploration of the beautiful vineyards, reputed birthplace of fine red wine, Chianti, and pose for photographs among the gorgeous surroundings.
Travel onward to Castello di Vertine, a once-fortified medieval village.
Continue to Castello di Ama, to explore its winding streets, tuck into a Tuscan lunch, and enjoy a wine tasting.
Then return to your vehicle for the relaxing ride back to Siena.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 16 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Customers who have not reached Italy's legal drinking age of 18 will not be served alcohol
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tuscan Escapes by Papilio
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Small-Group Chianti Wine-Tasting and Castles Trip from Siena.