6 to 7 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Enjoy the type of insights into village life you can only achieve with a guide on this private tour of the UNESCO World Heritage site Sigiriya and a local village. First, ascend the towering rock to the ruined fortress-city. Next, head into the countryside for a walk, a bullock cart ride, a twin-canoe safari, and a tuk tuk jaunt. Finally, join the women to prepare and eat a delicious lunch.
- Discover the UNESCO-listed 5th-century rock fortress, Sigiriya, with a guide
- Explore the countryside by foot, cart, twin canoe, and tuk tuk
- Feast on a country-style buffet lunch—and help prepare it, if you like
- Take it easy with door-to-door private round-trip transport
Saved to wishlist!
Transport in an air-conditioned vehicle.
Service of an English speaking chauffer guide.
Village tour with a village lunch.
2 x 500 ml of water bottle per person.
Entrance ticket(s). (Sigiriya Rock Fortress)
Food and beverages.
Expenses of personal nature.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel in Sigiriya.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour. Drive time may change due to unpredictable road traffic. Photography stops on the way can be arranged but within locations with reasonable parking areas.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Lakpura LLC
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Sigiriya Rock and Village Tour from Sigiriya?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Sigiriya Rock and Village Tour from Sigiriya?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Sigiriya Rock and Village Tour from Sigiriya?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Sigiriya Rock and Village Tour from Sigiriya?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Sigiriya Rock and Village Tour from Sigiriya
6 to 7 hours
4 hours 45 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSigiriyaBus Tours - AnuradhapuraHistorical Tours - AnuradhapuraBus Tours - KandyHistorical Tours - KandyBus Tours - Nuwara EliyaHistorical Tours - Nuwara EliyaCategory