8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Save time but preserve the benefits of independence on this private tour that checks off not one but two UNESCO World Heritage sites in just one day. Traveling with your private driver/guide, see the 10th-century Boyana Church with its medieval frescoes, followed by the Rila Monastery with its 14th-century tower. Tour includes door-to-door transport but excludes entrance fees.
- Marvel at the beautifully preserved medieval frescoes of Boyana Church
- Explore the Rila Monastery, Bulgaria’s largest monastery
- Enjoy the flexibility and personal attention of a private driver/guide
- Travel door-to-door in climate-controlled comfort, complete with free Wi-Fi
Saved to wishlist!
Private driver- guide
Hotel pick up and drop off
Transportation by an A/C car with free Wi Fi
A trip to Boyana Church and Rila Monastery
Boyana Church entrance ticket- 5 euro
Rila Monastery museum & monk room entrance ticket- 4 euro
Food & personal expenses
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel/ adress pick up at 9;00 am.- please indicate it.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY City Tour Ltd.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Day Trip to the Rila Monastery and Boyana Church ?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Day Trip to the Rila Monastery and Boyana Church ?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Day Trip to the Rila Monastery and Boyana Church ?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Day Trip to the Rila Monastery and Boyana Church
1 hour 30 minutes
3 hours 40 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSofiaBus Tours - SkopjeHistorical Tours - SkopjeFull-day Tours - SkopjeBus Tours - PristinaHistorical Tours - PristinaFull-day Tours - PristinaBus Tours - Veliko TarnovoHistorical Tours - Veliko TarnovoFull-day Tours - Veliko TarnovoCategory
Sofia Church of St. George (St. George Rotunda) Tours & TicketsVrana Palace (Park-Museum Vrana) Tours & TicketsTsari Mali Grad Tours & TicketsSofia National Gallery (Kvadrat 500) Tours & TicketsSofia National Gallery Tours & TicketsMuseum of Socialist Art Tours & TicketsSt. Sofia Church Tours & TicketsAmphitheater of Serdica Tours & TicketsMonument to the Soviet Army Tours & TicketsCentral Sofia Market Hall (Halite) Tours & TicketsIvan Vazov National Theatre Tours & TicketsBulgarian National Museum of Military History Tours & TicketsAlexander Nevsky Cathedral Tours & TicketsSofia Synagogue Tours & TicketsVitosha Boulevard (Vitoshka) Tours & TicketsTsarska Bistritsa Tours & TicketsBorovets Tours & TicketsSofia National Archaeological Museum Tours & Tickets