12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Discover a historical side of Bulgaria on a 12-hour tour to Veliko Tarnovo and Arbanassi. Thanks to all-inclusive transportation from Sofia, there’s no need for you to interpret cyrillic signs or worry over timetables. Begin with a guided visit of the medieval hill fortress, which served as the country's capital for over two centuries. Continue with the area's main attractions including Samovodska Charshia, Assens Monument, and the village of Arbanassi.
- Get an in-depth look at Bulgarian history
- Travel comfortably in round-trip transportation
- Take a break from the hustle and bustle
- Enjoy a full-day tour with the whole family
Saved to wishlist!
Professional local guide
Hotel pickup and dropoff
Entrance fees for some of the sights
E-guide with all sights info for your convenience
Meals and drinks
Personal expenses & insurance
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Enjoy a one day tour of many highlights perfectly presented by our professional guides;
- Take a walking tour around the medieval hill-fortress of Tsarevets – the capital of Bulgaria from 12th till 14th century;
- Visit the astonishing Nativity of Jesus Church with an unique frescoes depicting 2000 biblical scenes and over 3500 images of saints;
- See the scenic architectural reserve of Arbanassi, located on a plateau granting visitors with superb views of the Balkan Mountains and Veliko Tarnovo;
- Discover the way of life of 16-19th century Bulgarian merchants and craftsmen.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Visit Bulgaria On
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Full Day Tour to Veliko Tarnovo & Arbanassi from Sofia?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Full Day Tour to Veliko Tarnovo & Arbanassi from Sofia?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Full Day Tour to Veliko Tarnovo & Arbanassi from Sofia?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Full Day Tour to Veliko Tarnovo & Arbanassi from Sofia
2 hours 32 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursCity ToursNature and WildlifeWalking ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSofiaBus Tours - SkopjeCity Tours - SkopjeNature and Wildlife - SkopjeWalking Tours - SkopjeFull-day Tours - SkopjeBus Tours - PristinaCity Tours - PristinaNature and Wildlife - PristinaWalking Tours - PristinaFull-day Tours - PristinaBus Tours - Veliko TarnovoCity Tours - Veliko TarnovoNature and Wildlife - Veliko TarnovoWalking Tours - Veliko TarnovoFull-day Tours - Veliko TarnovoCategory
Sofia National Gallery (Kvadrat 500)Sofia National GalleryTsari Mali GradBulgarian National Museum of Military HistoryAmphitheater of SerdicaSofia SynagogueSofia Church of St. George (St. George Rotunda)Vrana Palace (Park-Museum Vrana)Monument to the Soviet ArmySt. Sofia ChurchAlexander Nevsky CathedralCentral Sofia Market Hall (Halite)Sofia National Archaeological MuseumMuseum of Socialist ArtTsarska BistritsaBorovets Ivan Vazov National TheatreVitosha Boulevard (Vitoshka)