- Visit Plovdiv on a day trip from Sofia
- Guided walking tour of Plovdiv
- Tour the Plovdiv Roman Theatre
- Learn about Bulgarian culture at the Ethnographic Museum
- Perfect for first-time visitors
- Round trip transport from a central location
Departure & Return
The parking lot in front of "La Cattedrale" restaurant at the back side of Alexander Nevski cathedral.
What To Expect
Upon arrival in Plovdiv, get your bearings on a 2- to 3-hour guided walking tour that explores the history and culture of the city, which was founded 8,000 years ago. You’ll see traces of the successive Roman, Byzantine, Ottoman, and Bulgarian cultures, and learn about the distinctive architecture of the Old Town.
Throughout the tour, the guide will share stories and insights about Bulgarian culture and history, while leading the way down the cobblestone streets that wind through the heart of the city.
This tour includes admission to the Ethnographic Museum, which explores Bulgarian folk culture, costumes, and lifestyles, as well as the Plovdiv Roman Theatre, among the best-preserved ancient theaters in the world. Following your time in Plovdiv begin the return trip to Sofia, where this tour concludes at the original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Near public transportation
- The Old Town of Plovdiv is with cobbled streets (some of them steep) , please have comfortable walking shoes
- During the summer months the weather in Plovdiv can be very hot. We highly recommend sunscreen, hat and sun glasses.
- Most travelers can participate
- All touch points in our vehicles will be frequently cleaned and disinfected.
- Free hand disinfectant will be provided to all our clients.
- Our drivers and guides will be wearing masks and gloves during the transfers.
- All customers are required to wear face mask during the transfers.
- Due to the pandemic, only part of the seat capacity of our vehicles will be used.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Traventuria
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience