8 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Hike through rugged terrain to the Seven Rila Lakes on a full-day tour from Sophia, and discover the remarkable scenery of the Rila Mountains. Take a chairlift to a high-mountain hut and continue on foot along the jeweled string of lakes. Follow your guide through alpine passes into remote valleys, then rest in the shade of hikers’ shelters; take in sweeping views of the Bulgarian landscape and enjoy the crisp, clear air of the Balkans’ highest mountain range.
- Small-group Seven Rila Lakes hiking day trip from Sofia, led by an expert guide
- Relax during a scenic journey out of the city to the Rila Mountains
- Absorb the mountain vistas on a chairlift ride from Panichishte resort
- Enjoy a leisurely 4- to 5-hour guided hike around the Seven Rila Lakes cirque
- Numbers limited to 15 people, ensuring a small-group experience
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Chairlift ticket (Approx. 10 Euro per person)
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
ул. Оборище +, ul. "19-ti fevruari", 1000 Old City Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear hiking boots; sandals and flips-flops are not permitted on this tour
- It is advised you wear warm clothing and bring a rain jacket, sunglasses and sunscreen with you
- Minimum age is 9 years
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (4 to 5 hours)
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Important! Kindly note, that availability of the tour depends on the weather conditions and the operation of the chairlift. The terrain will be very wet and slippery and there will still be snow in the area. Walking in such conditions requires adequate equipment (good trekking boots, waterproof clothes and a warm layer beneath the jacket). The hike is demanding, so a good fitness level is also required. Keep in mind that some of the lakes may be covered in snow. The tour can be canceled with a last minute notice (100% refund will be applied) due to harsh conditions or closure of the chairlift.
- Important! As with all lifts the one, used for the hike to The Seven Rila Lakes, may stop anytime (due to strong wind, power cut etc.). In the rare case, this happens, an alternative hike will be offered on spot by the guide. Mind that such a situation does not make you eligible for a refund.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Traventuria
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during The Seven Rila Lakes Circuit (small-group tour from Sofia)?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during The Seven Rila Lakes Circuit (small-group tour from Sofia)?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during The Seven Rila Lakes Circuit (small-group tour from Sofia)?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during The Seven Rila Lakes Circuit (small-group tour from Sofia)?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Still Have Questions?
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursHikingTrolley Tours Nature and WildlifeExtremeWalking ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingSofia4WD Tours - SkopjeSporting Events - SkopjeBus Tours - SkopjeHiking - SkopjeTrolley Tours - SkopjeNature and Wildlife - SkopjeExtreme - SkopjeWalking Tours - SkopjeFull-day Tours - Skopje4WD Tours - PristinaSporting Events - PristinaBus Tours - PristinaHiking - PristinaTrolley Tours - PristinaNature and Wildlife - PristinaExtreme - PristinaWalking Tours - PristinaFull-day Tours - Pristina4WD Tours - Veliko TarnovoSporting Events - Veliko TarnovoBus Tours - Veliko TarnovoHiking - Veliko TarnovoTrolley Tours - Veliko TarnovoNature and Wildlife - Veliko TarnovoExtreme - Veliko TarnovoWalking Tours - Veliko TarnovoFull-day Tours - Veliko TarnovoCategory
Monument to the Soviet ArmyAmphitheater of SerdicaSofia SynagogueIvan Vazov National TheatreBulgarian National Museum of Military HistoryMuseum of Socialist ArtSofia National GalleryTsari Mali GradCentral Sofia Market Hall (Halite)Vrana Palace (Park-Museum Vrana)Sofia National Archaeological MuseumSofia National Gallery (Kvadrat 500)Vitosha Boulevard (Vitoshka)Alexander Nevsky CathedralBorovets Tsarska BistritsaSofia Church of St. George (St. George Rotunda)St. Sofia Church