9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Discover a side of Bulgaria that’s hard to reach independently as you explore the dramatic rock pinnacles known as Stob’s Pyramids with a private hiking guide. Then journey into Bulgarian culture as you tour the Rila Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and taste home-made “banitsa” pastries. Tour includes private door-to-door transport and guiding but excludes entrance fees and lunch.
- Hike through the bizarre landscape of Stob’s Pyramids with a private guide
- Explore UNESCO-listed Rila Monastery, Bulgaria’s largest monastery
- Enjoy all the attention and flexibility that comes with a private tour
- Relax with round-trip door-to-door transport from your hotel
Saved to wishlist!
Professional driver- guide
Hotel pick up and drop off
Transportation with an A/C car with free Wi Fi
Visit to the Rila Monastery
Food tasting - "mekitsa"
Monastery museum entrance fee- 4 euro
Lunch & personal expenses
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel/ address pick up at 9am. -please indicate it.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please dress appropriately for hiking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY City Tour Ltd.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Rila Monastery and hiking to the Stob Pyramids- Private Day Trip from Sofia?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Rila Monastery and hiking to the Stob Pyramids- Private Day Trip from Sofia?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Rila Monastery and hiking to the Stob Pyramids- Private Day Trip from Sofia?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Rila Monastery and hiking to the Stob Pyramids- Private Day Trip from Sofia
6 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHikingHistorical ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSofiaBus Tours - SkopjeHiking - SkopjeHistorical Tours - SkopjeFull-day Tours - SkopjeBus Tours - PristinaHiking - PristinaHistorical Tours - PristinaFull-day Tours - PristinaBus Tours - Veliko TarnovoHiking - Veliko TarnovoHistorical Tours - Veliko TarnovoFull-day Tours - Veliko TarnovoCategory
Bulgarian National Museum of Military HistoryAmphitheater of SerdicaIvan Vazov National TheatreSofia National Gallery (Kvadrat 500)Borovets Boyana WaterfallSofia SynagogueSt. Sofia ChurchMonument to the Soviet ArmyVrana Palace (Park-Museum Vrana)Museum of Socialist ArtSofia Church of St. George (St. George Rotunda)Vitosha Boulevard (Vitoshka)Tsari Mali GradSofia National Archaeological MuseumAlexander Nevsky CathedralTsarska BistritsaCentral Sofia Market Hall (Halite)