Are you interested in?
Rila Monastery Tours
85 Tours & Activities
235 Tours & Activities
220 Tours & Activities
9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Discover a side of Bulgaria that’s hard to reach independently as you explore the dramatic rock pinnacles known as Stob’s Pyramids with a private hiking guide. Then journey into Bulgarian culture as you tour the Rila Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and taste home-made “banitsa” pastries. Tour includes private door-to-door transport and guiding but excludes entrance fees and lunch.
- Hike through the bizarre landscape of Stob’s Pyramids with a private guide
- Explore UNESCO-listed Rila Monastery, Bulgaria’s largest monastery
- Enjoy all the attention and flexibility that comes with a private tour
- Relax with round-trip door-to-door transport from your hotel
Saved to wishlist!
Professional driver- guide
Hotel pick up and drop off
Transportation with an A/C car with free Wi Fi
Visit to the Rila Monastery
Food tasting - "mekitsa"
Monastery museum entrance fee- 4 euro
Lunch & personal expenses
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Hotel/ address pick up at 9am. -please indicate it.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please dress appropriately for hiking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY City Tour Ltd.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Rila Monastery and hiking to the Stob Pyramids- Private Day Trip from Sofia?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Rila Monastery and hiking to the Stob Pyramids- Private Day Trip from Sofia?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Rila Monastery and hiking to the Stob Pyramids- Private Day Trip from Sofia?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 42558P11
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursHikingExtremeHistorical ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSofia4WD Tours - SkopjeSporting Events - SkopjeBus Tours - SkopjeHiking - SkopjeExtreme - SkopjeHistorical Tours - SkopjeFull-day Tours - Skopje4WD Tours - PristinaSporting Events - PristinaBus Tours - PristinaHiking - PristinaExtreme - PristinaHistorical Tours - PristinaFull-day Tours - Pristina4WD Tours - Veliko TarnovoSporting Events - Veliko TarnovoBus Tours - Veliko TarnovoHiking - Veliko TarnovoExtreme - Veliko TarnovoHistorical Tours - Veliko TarnovoFull-day Tours - Veliko TarnovoCategory
Bulgarian National Museum of Military HistoryVrana Palace (Park-Museum Vrana)Sofia National GallerySofia National Gallery (Kvadrat 500)Borovets Ivan Vazov National TheatreSofia SynagogueMonument to the Soviet ArmyTsarska BistritsaAmphitheater of SerdicaAlexander Nevsky CathedralTsari Mali GradVitosha Boulevard (Vitoshka)Sofia Church of St. George (St. George Rotunda)Sofia National Archaeological MuseumMuseum of Socialist ArtSt. Sofia ChurchCentral Sofia Market Hall (Halite)