12 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
The mountains are one of Bulgaria’s great joys—especially for hikers—but can be hard to reach independently. Tailor-made for lovers of both walking and history, this action-packed day features a hike around the beautiful Seven Rila Lakes and a tour of the Rila Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Tour includes chair-lift ticket to the lakes but excludes monastery entrance fees.
- Ride the chair lift to the Seven Rila Lakes and hike through the valley
- Explore the cloisters, church, and chapels of UNESCO-listed Rila Monastery
- Soak up the mountainous beauty of Rila National Park
- Get more from your guide on a small-group tour
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Chairlift tickets - 20 BGN per person
Entrance fee for the Rila monastery's museum
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
1000 Old City Center, Sofia, Bulgaria
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- although there are two huts on our way where we can purchase some basic food (i.e. beans soup, meatballs, tea) we advise you to come prepared with a lunch pack from Sofia, because the programme today is rather tight and for sure we won’t have much time for a proper lunch.
- the hiking route is moderately arduous, with individual brief paths featuring steep inclines. Please bring along comfortable walking boots. Sandals and flip-flops are not accepted. Rain jacket might be useful in summer as heavy showers sometimes occur in the afternoons.
- Kindly note, that availability of the tour depends on the weather conditions and the operation of the chairlift.
- The terrain will be very wet and slippery and there will still be snow in the area. Walking in such conditions requires adequate equipment (good trekking boots, waterproof clothes and a warm layer beneath the jacket). The hike is demanding, so a good fitness level is also required. Keep in mind that some of the lakes may be covered in snow.
- The tour can be canceled with a last minute notice (100% refund will be applied) due to harsh conditions or closure of the chairlift.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- As with all lifts the one, used for the hike to The Seven Rila Lakes, may stop anytime (due to strong wind, power cut etc.). In the rare case, this happens, an alternative hike will be offered on spot by the guide. Mind that such a situation does not make you eligible for a refund.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Traventuria
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during The Seven Rila Lakes & Rila Monastery?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during The Seven Rila Lakes & Rila Monastery?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during The Seven Rila Lakes & Rila Monastery?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during The Seven Rila Lakes & Rila Monastery?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Product code: 6992P20
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursNature and WildlifeExtremeWalking ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingSofia4WD Tours - SkopjeSporting Events - SkopjeBus Tours - SkopjeNature and Wildlife - SkopjeExtreme - SkopjeWalking Tours - SkopjeFull-day Tours - Skopje4WD Tours - PristinaSporting Events - PristinaBus Tours - PristinaNature and Wildlife - PristinaExtreme - PristinaWalking Tours - PristinaFull-day Tours - Pristina4WD Tours - Veliko TarnovoSporting Events - Veliko TarnovoBus Tours - Veliko TarnovoNature and Wildlife - Veliko TarnovoExtreme - Veliko TarnovoWalking Tours - Veliko TarnovoFull-day Tours - Veliko TarnovoCategory
Sofia SynagogueVrana Palace (Park-Museum Vrana)Tsari Mali GradMuseum of Socialist ArtIvan Vazov National TheatreSofia Church of St. George (St. George Rotunda)Borovets Sofia National Gallery (Kvadrat 500)Amphitheater of SerdicaMonument to the Soviet ArmyBulgarian National Museum of Military HistoryAlexander Nevsky CathedralTsarska BistritsaVitosha Boulevard (Vitoshka)Sofia National Archaeological MuseumCentral Sofia Market Hall (Halite)Sofia National GallerySt. Sofia Church