- Full-day trip to Veliko Tarnovo and Arbanassi from Sofia
- Journey to Veliko Tarnovo, a former Bulgarian capital and medieval crafts town
- Visit the hilltop Tsarevets Fortress (own expense) and learn about Tarnovo’s history
- Explore old streets filled with wood carving, gold, arts, and craft shops
- Explore Arbanassi, known for its fortress-style houses and fresco-painted Church of the Nativity of Christ
- Includes air-conditioned minivan transport and central Sofia pickup and drop-off, with entrance fees at own expense
- Small group of six people or fewer
Departure & Return
From the car park in front of La Cattedrale restaurant, at the south-east corner of Alexander Nevski Square
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking on cobbled streets
- It is recommended that you bring sun lotion, sun glasses and a hat
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Traventuria
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.