Are you interested in?
220 Tours & Activities
Vitosha Mountain Tours
39 Tours & Activities
170 Tours & Activities
8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Choose between hiking—in summer—and snowshoeing—in winter—to scale this classic Sofia peak. After pickup from your hotel and a stop at the medieval Dragalevtsi Monastery, climb Cherni Vrah—Vitosha Mountain’s highest peak—from the Aleko Hut with your guide. The views over Sofia, the Rila Mountains, and the Balkan Mountains are just spectacular.
- Climb Cherni Vrah, Vitosha’s highest peak, from the Aleko hut with a guide
- Hike the path in summer, snowshoe it in winter—at no additional charge
- Savor views across the city, the Rila Mountains, and the Balkan Mountains
- Relax with door-to-door round-trip transportation from your hotel
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Snowshoe in the winter and hike in the summer—either way, stop at Dragalevtsi Monastery.
Saved to wishlist!
Transport (if the privately-guided option is chosen)
Private mountain local guide (if the privately-guided option is chosen)
Hotel pickup and drop-off (if the privately-guided option is chosen)
E-guide with all info for your convenience
Food and drinks
Personal expenses & insurance
Departure & Return
Departure PointSofia, Bulgaria
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up for the privately-guided option only.
- Vrazhdebna Airport, Sofia Bulgaria
1/1/2020 - 1/17/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||06:00 AM - 02:00 PM|
5/25/2020 - 1/17/2022
|Monday - Sunday:||06:00 AM - 02:00 PM|
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Visit Bulgaria On
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Vitosha Mountains Hiking with Black peak & Dragalevtsi Monastery?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Vitosha Mountains Hiking with Black peak & Dragalevtsi Monastery?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Vitosha Mountains Hiking with Black peak & Dragalevtsi Monastery?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Product code: 8728P22
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsHikingNature and WildlifeExtremeWalking ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSofia4WD Tours - SkopjeSporting Events - SkopjeHiking - SkopjeNature and Wildlife - SkopjeExtreme - SkopjeWalking Tours - SkopjeFull-day Tours - Skopje4WD Tours - PristinaSporting Events - PristinaHiking - PristinaNature and Wildlife - PristinaExtreme - PristinaWalking Tours - PristinaFull-day Tours - Pristina4WD Tours - Veliko TarnovoSporting Events - Veliko TarnovoHiking - Veliko TarnovoNature and Wildlife - Veliko TarnovoExtreme - Veliko TarnovoWalking Tours - Veliko TarnovoFull-day Tours - Veliko TarnovoCategory
Ivan Vazov National TheatreAlexander Nevsky CathedralVrana Palace (Park-Museum Vrana)Sofia Church of St. George (St. George Rotunda)Tsarska BistritsaAmphitheater of SerdicaBulgarian National Museum of Military HistoryCentral Sofia Market Hall (Halite)Monument to the Soviet ArmySofia SynagogueVitosha Boulevard (Vitoshka)St. Sofia ChurchSofia National GalleryMuseum of Socialist ArtSofia National Gallery (Kvadrat 500)Sofia National Archaeological MuseumBorovets Tsari Mali Grad