- Day trip to the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii from Sorrento, with an expert guide
- Visit UNESCO-listed Pompeii and explore its fascinating ruins on a walking tour
- Stroll the ancient Roman streets and visit the Forum, Thermal Baths and other highlights
- Hear tales of the 79 AD Mt Vesuvius eruption that buried Pompeii under ash and pumice
- Admire the exquisite Amalfi Coast from the comfort of an air-conditioned coach
- Enjoy free time in Amalfi to explore, shop, visit Amalfi Cathedral and relax over lunch
- Enjoy free time in Positano
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Wind along the stunning coastal landscape, with sweeping views of the Mediterranean. Stop first in Positano, where you'll learn the history behind the pastel-colored town from your driver before taking off for an hour of free time.
Continue afterward to Amalfi, with three hours to stroll the charming streets, savor some southern Italian fare for lunch (own expense) or visit the 9th-century cathedral (own expense) at your leisure.
Reunite with your driver and journey to the UNESCO-listed ruins of Pompeii. Buried under the pumice and ash of Mt Vesuvius’ 79 AD eruption, the once-thriving city remained preserved under the rubble. Today, it offers a fascinating look into ancient Roman life.
Once inside (own expense), enjoy a walking tour of the archeological site with an expert guide. See the Thermal Baths, the Forum and the mosaics and frescoes left behind by Pompeii’s elite as you hear the history of the 2,000-year-old site.
After a full day of sightseeing, your tour will conclude at your original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY AVI Travel
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Amalfi & Pompeii Exclusive Fd - Day Trip From Sorrento.