6 to 9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Most people know that the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius destroyed the Roman city of Pompeii, but not many realize that it also left behind fertile slopes that today host lush vineyards. With this unique tour, see both sides of the volcano’s legacy with a stop to visit the archaeological ruins of Pompeii followed by a tour and tasting lunch featuring Lacryma Christi wine and Neapolitan dishes at a family-run winery nearby.
- Skip the hassle of the train and bus with a private driving tour
- Free time at the ruins of Pompeii to explore on your own
- Learn about the history and production of local Lacryma Christi wine
- Taste five wines, olive oil, and wine vinegar during a three-course lunch
Saved to wishlist!
5 Course Wine Tastings of Lacryma Christi DOC from Vesuvius
Lunch - 3 course lunch with samples of local specialties from Vesuvius
Wine Vinegar and Olive Oil Tastings from Vesuvius
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
English speaking driver
Tour Guided of Cantina del Vesuvio Winery
Private Reserved Session on the terrace overlooking the gulf of Naples and Capri Island
Ticket of entrance to Pompeii Ruins (about 16€..)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick-up and Drop-off are offered from Hotels, B&B, Ports and Train Stations.
- Sorrento Airport, Sorrento Italy
- Port of Sorrento
- Port of Castellamare di Stabia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Cantina del Vesuvio
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Pompeii Ruins & Wine Tasting with Lunch on Vesuvius with Private Transfer?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Pompeii Ruins & Wine Tasting with Lunch on Vesuvius with Private Transfer?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Pompeii Ruins & Wine Tasting with Lunch on Vesuvius with Private Transfer?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Pompeii Ruins & Wine Tasting with Lunch on Vesuvius with Private Transfer
6 to 9 hours
8 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsFood ToursBus ToursArchaeology ToursWine TastingsPorts of Call ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifeShore ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingSorrentoShore Excursions - Amalfi CoastFood Tours - Amalfi CoastBus Tours - Amalfi CoastArchaeology Tours - Amalfi CoastWine Tastings - Amalfi CoastPorts of Call Tours - Amalfi CoastShore Excursions - PositanoFood Tours - PositanoBus Tours - PositanoArchaeology Tours - PositanoWine Tastings - PositanoPorts of Call Tours - PositanoShore Excursions - CapriFood Tours - CapriBus Tours - CapriArchaeology Tours - CapriWine Tastings - CapriPorts of Call Tours - CapriCategory
Cloister of San Francesco (Chiostro di San Francesco) Correale di Terranova Museum (Museo Correale di Terranova)Punta del CapoTasso Theater (Teatro Tasso) Emerald Grotto (Grotta dello Smeraldo) Sorrento Foundation (Fondazione Sorrento)Baths of the Queen Giovanna (Bagni della Regina Giovanna)Via CapoMt. Faito (Monte Faito)Coral Museum (Museo del Corallo)