- Full-day Alsace wine tour from Strasbourg
- Travel along the beautiful Alsace Wine Route
- Visit three wineries to sample some of Alsace’s best-known white wine
- Explore the pretty little villages of Mittelbergheim, Dambach-la-Ville, Ribeauvillé and Riquewihr
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
Departure time: 9:00am. Please meet your guide 10 minutes before time, in front of the Strasbourg Tourism Office.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
The first stop on your wine tour is the wine area called Mittelbergheim, where the grands crus of Kastelberg, Zotzenberg and Wiebelsberg are located. This area is known for its excellent Riesling wines, which are typically thought of as German. At the first winery of your tour, sample Riesling along with some sylvaner and pinot blanc.
Next, head for Dambach-la-Ville. This village produces more wine than any other in Alsace, including one of the finest Alsatian wines of all — frankstein grand cru. At the second winery stop of the tour, sample wines in a classic wine cellar (caveau in French) while learning how the region’s soil and climate combine to produce exceptional Riesling and gewürztraminer wines.
Take a break at midday for lunch (own expense), followed by a visit to the Ribeauvillé-Riquewihr wine area. There are five grands cru here — Kirchberg, Osterberg, Geisberg, Schoenenbourg and Sporen. Here again you’ll find the wine production is dominated by Riesling, although other wines of note include Muscat, gewürztraminer and pinot gris.
Spend some time in the charming villages of Ribeauvillé and Riquewihr, where you’ll have your last two wine tasting sessions at two of the best-loved wineries in the Alsace. Hear about how some of the chateaux making wine in the area — such as the Hugel and Trimbach families — have been making wine in the area for hundreds of years.
At the conclusion of a day-long wine tour through the Alsace, climb back into the minivan for the relaxing ride back to Strasbourg.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult only tour, children under 18 years of age are not allowed
- At least 2 adults are required for this activity to take place
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY OPHORUS Excursions Tours in France
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Alsace Wine Route Wineries & Tasting Small Group Guided Tour from Strasbourg.