4 to 6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Experience a side of Italy rarely available to visitors on a private tour of a 200–year–old farmhouse with round–trip transport from Taormina. In addition to pointing out the best views of Mt. Etna, your guide tells little–known stories about Sicily’s history and culture as you explore. Afterwards, sit down for a meal prepared with organic local ingredients, including homemade bread and regional wine.
- Experience agricultural life and heritage in rural Sicily
- Enjoy a hearty lunch on a farmhouse patio
- See stunning views of Mt Etna and pass over hardened lava flows
- Includes comfortable round-trip transportation from your accommodation
Saved to wishlist!
Private tour only for your party - nobody else, to ensure the highest quality for our guests
Hotel/port pickup and drop-off in Taormina area
Private local English speaking guide
Round transportation by comfortable air-conditioned car
Guided tour of ancient farmhouse on Etna slope
Lunch at the farmhouse of all locally produced organic food and wines
Coffee and/or Tea
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Your private guide will pick you up at your accommodation, port or train station in Taormina, Giardini Naxos, Letojanni or nearby.
- Taormina port
- Giardini Naxos port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Most travelers can participate
- We have private tours, only for your party, however at the beginning of the excursion we will give each guest a mask, protective gloves and hand sanitizer.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Prestelli Sicily Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Barefoot on Etna Slope: Sicilian Countryside Private Tour and Picnic at Rural Farmhouse?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Barefoot on Etna Slope: Sicilian Countryside Private Tour and Picnic at Rural Farmhouse?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Barefoot on Etna Slope: Sicilian Countryside Private Tour and Picnic at Rural Farmhouse?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Barefoot on Etna Slope: Sicilian Countryside Private Tour and Picnic at Rural Farmhouse?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursNature and WildlifePorts of Call ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingTaorminaShore Excursions - SicilyBus Tours - SicilyNature and Wildlife - SicilyPorts of Call Tours - SicilyShore Excursions - CataniaBus Tours - CataniaNature and Wildlife - CataniaPorts of Call Tours - CataniaShore Excursions - MessinaBus Tours - MessinaNature and Wildlife - MessinaPorts of Call Tours - MessinaCategory
Taormina Old Town (Centro Storico)Villa ComunaleTaormina Greek Theatre (Teatro Greco)Corso Umberto ITaormina Cable Car (Funivia)Isola BellaTaormina Piazza DuomoSanta Caterina Church (Chiesa di Santa Caterina)Mazzarò Beach (Lido Mazzarò)Corvaja Palace (Palazzo Corvaja)Taormina Cathedral (Duomo) and Piazza del DuomoValley of the Temples (Valle dei Templi)