Explore our promoted experiences
- Half-day Mt. Etna sunset tour from Taormina
- Sample locally made honey, olive oil, and wine in Zafferana Etnea
- Explore lava caves and hiking routes in the Parco dell’Etna with a guide
- Learn of the region’s volcanic geology
- Watch the sun set over the Silvestri craters from an altitude of 6,200 feet (1,900 meters)
- Tour includes round-trip travel from your accommodation in Taormina and Giardini Naxos
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Next, strap on your helmet and explore a lava cave in the Parco dell’Etna with your guide. Along the way, admire ancient rock formations in the molten landscape and gain insight into the Parco dell’Etna’s complex geology.
Hike along winding trails through the Parco dell’Etna to the Rifugio Sapienza at 6,200 feet (1,900 meters) above sea level. At the summit, admire sweeping views over the ancient Silvestri craters as the sun sinks on the horizon.
When your time at the summit comes to an end, return to your original departure point to conclude your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY EtnaTribe
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience