- Mount Etna trekking tour from Taormina
- Snacks and drinks at a mountainside chalet
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included if option selected
- Small group tour means personalized attention
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please provide your accommodation address/hotel in the Taormina - Giardini Naxos area: we will contact you to confirm the pickup outside/nearby the hotel or at a convenient meeting point (for Castelmola, Trappitello and Letojanni we have fixed meeting points).
- Giardini Naxos
What To Expect
Disembark at the foot of the active volcano, where you'll take a relaxed walk through the lava fields to see where lava and ash have flowed during past eruptions. Head down underground (helmet and flashlight included) to see some of the volcano's lava caves.
After you've fully explored the otherworldly landscape, stop at a nearby chalet to refuel with a Sicilian sandwich, local wine, cake and an almond wine tasting..
Return to your hotel for drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Vegetarian/vegan/gluten free options are available, please specify any dietary requirements in the booking request
- Tours in other languages (French and Spanish) can be arranged upon request, if received with adequate notice.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We suggest dressing according to the season (consider that the temperature on Etna is usually lower)
- Please let us know your shoe sizes if you require hiking boots
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The trip is not recommended for participants suffering form heart diseases or other serious medical conditions
- Customers will be contacted the day before the tour to confirm the pickup details (hotel if possibile, or in a meeting point nearby).
- We do not recommend participation for pregnant women after the 4th month.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Etna People s.n.c.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Mount Etna Half-Day Tour - Small Groups From Taormina .
- "We are in our late 70s, and I didn't have hiking boots, but they were provided..free of charge." See review