- Full-day Mount Etna, Alcantara Gorge, and wine tasting tour from Taormina
- Tuck into a delicious 3-course lunch and sample fine regional wines
- Great-value tour includes hotel pickup, lunch, and entrance fees
- Small-group tour limited to 8 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please provide your accommodation address/hotel in the Taormina - Giardini Naxos area: we will contact you to confirm the pickup outside/nearby the hotel or at a convenient meeting point (for Castelmola, Trappitello and Letojanni we have fixed meeting points).
- Giardini Naxos
What To Expect
On arrival, follow your guide on a hike in the foothills of the active volcano. Trek around the rugged lava fields, volcanic craters, and ancient woodlands, then strap on a head torch and venture underground to explore a natural lava cave.
After working up an appetite, head to a local restaurant to enjoy a 3-course lunch of delicious Sicilian cuisine, including tasty appetizers, pasta dishes, and an indulgent dessert. Accompany your meal with a selection of fine wines from the Etna wine region and learn more about the grapes that are grown in the fertile volcanic soils.
After the wine tasting, continue to another one of the region’s natural wonders — the Alcantara Gorge. Discover how the gorge was carved out by an ancient lava flow as you walk beneath the dramatic cliffs and visit impressive viewpoints, where you’ll have plenty of opportunity to take photos.
Back in Taormina, your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel or pre-arranged location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Vegetarian/vegan/gluten free options are available, please specify any dietary requirements in the booking request
- Please let us know your shoe sizes if you require hiking boots
- Tours in other languages (French and Spanish) can only be arranged upon request, if received with adequate notice.
- We suggest dressing according to the season (consider that the temperature on Etna is usually lower)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- The trip is not recommended for participants suffering form heart diseases or other serious medical conditions
- Customers will be contacted the day before the tour to confirm the pickup details (hotel if possibile, or in a meeting point nearby).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We do not recommend participation for pregnant women after the 4th month.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Etna People s.n.c.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Etna, Wine and Alcantara Tour - Small Groups from Taormina.