- Soak up the Sicilian atmosphere of Taormina during a 1.5-hour walking tour
- Glimpse Palazzo Corvaja, the ancient Roman theater, the Greek Theatre, and Piazza Duomo
- Enjoy scenic coastal views from Corso Umberto
- Learn about Taormina’s history, legends, archaeology, and nature from your guide
Departure & Return
Please be next to Porta Messina ancient gate. Thank You
What To Expect
From that look back in time, you’ll continue in the present-day life of Taormina’s Old Town. Immerse yourself in Old Town’s serene energy, where you can hear live musicians amid the cafe chatter and smell traditional dishes being prepared in cafes and restaurants. See the beautiful San Domenico cloister, now a luxury 5-star hotel. Stop for a breathtaking view of the infamous volcano, Mt. Etna, looming over the sea.
Hear about the history of Taormina from your guide, including the array of conquering armies that inevitably shaped the culture, cuisine, and architecture of Sicily. Learn about the influence of the Greeks, Romans, Arabs, Byzantines, and Normans on this little town.
See such attractions as the Palazzo Duchi di Santo Stefano, Porta Catania-Chiesa del Carmine, and the Duomo Stairs before your tour concludes in Piazza Duomo. Here, your guide leaves you with a parting story about the city’s symbol, and lets you continue your evening in Taormina at your leisure.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: Entrance to the Greek Theatre could suddenly be restricted in case of special events
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- SAFETY INFO FOR OUR TRAVELERS In accordance with ministerial guidelines on COVID 19, Sicily Activities guarantees for their travellers all the official safety measures: 1.Very small groups are limited up to 8 2.Social distances during the tour are kept at a distance of one meter 3.All minivans are frequently cleaned and ensure appropriate ventilation 4.All guides are provided with masks 5.All on-site partners are ensured to follow appropriate safety policy
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Sicily Activities
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Private Taormina Walking Tour & Greek Theatre.
- "Caution: there is a lot of walking on uneven surfaces and up hilly terrain (but all of Taormina is hills so we were prepared!" See review