- Private walking tour in Delft
- Learn about Delft’s important royal Dutch history from your expert guide
- See where members of the royal family are buried, including the founding father of the Netherlands
- Explore Old Town and visit the New Church
- Learn about Delft’s signature blue pottery, known as Delftware, with an option to visit the factory
Departure & Return
Main square at the statue of Hugo Grotius, Markt 87, Delft.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Then, amble along Delft’s picturesque streets to the Old Town, home to historical landmarks such as Agneta Park and the Old Church (Oude Kerk). As you stroll adjacent to canals, you’ll learn of Delft’s links to Johannes Vermeer, a Dutch Golden Age painter born and raised in the town.
Delft is famous for its association with William of Orange, the leader of the Dutch Revolt and the independent Dutch Republic. Enrich your knowledge with history-rich commentary as you learn about the influential figure’s tragic end, and see his tomb in New Church (Nieuwe Kerk).
If you wish, discover Delft’s artistic heritage during a visit to the Royal Delft, the last remaining Delftware factory from the 17th-century. Famed for its distinctive blue-and-white pottery inspired by Chinese porcelain, the factory boasts a collection of beautiful hand-painted treasures.
When your tour concludes, bid your guide farewell and continue exploring Delft independently.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Tour operates in all weather conditions
- Good walking shoes recommended
- Tour can be operated in English, French, German or Spanish; please advise your preferred tour language at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY HTG Services
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Private Walking Tour: Delft's Royal History and Pottery.