11 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Experience the rich history and impressive design of the Meteora Monasteries, even if you don’t have access to a car. On this guided tour from Thessaloniki, travel through the plains of central Greece to reach the remote UNESCO-listed structures, perched high on a jutting cliff. Step inside two of the six surviving monasteries, learning about their origins and legacy from a guide. A lunch stop in the nearest town of Kalambaka completes the visit to this inspiring sacred destination.
- Learn the fascinating history of the Meteora Monasteries from a guide
- Visit one of central Greece's most remote and impressive UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Enter two of the ancient monasteries built high on a rock formation
- Includes round-trip transport from Thessaloniki hotels
Saved to wishlist!
English – speaking Guide
Entrance fees (3.00 euros per monastery)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please notice that for pick ups from hotels- villas- airbnb outside the proximity of our pick route we will appointed the nearest point to your accommodation. Clients will have to reach to this point on their own transportation means.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wear comfortable clothing and sensible shoes - For entering the monasteries of Meteora, appropriate clothing is required.
- Ladies must not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves.
- Men are not allowed to wear shorts
- Please notice that extra charges may apply per person or in total of the group for pick-ups from hotels- villas- airbnb outside the proximity of our tour selected pick route. In that case we can provide round trip transfer for customer(s) convenience ad-hoc quoted as per location of customer(s)' property.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY MTM D.M.C Ltd
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Meteora Full Day Tour from Thessaloniki?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Meteora Full Day Tour from Thessaloniki?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Meteora Full Day Tour from Thessaloniki?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Meteora Full Day Tour from Thessaloniki
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeWalking ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingThessalonikiBus Tours - MacedoniaNature and Wildlife - MacedoniaWalking Tours - MacedoniaHistorical Tours - MacedoniaFull-day Tours - MacedoniaCategory