Explore our promoted experiences
- Discover the ancient cities of Pella and Vergina during a full-day tour
- Learn about the ancient Kingdom of Macedonia and its famous ruler, Alexander the Great
- Discover the intricate mosaic-tile floors of Pella at the local museum
- Visit Vergina, the ancient capital of Macedonia and explore the artifacts in the museum
- Perfect excursion for ancient history lovers
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Explore an archaeological site in Pella and visit a local museum highlighting some of the more interesting discoveries unearthed in this historic town. The museum’s collection of intricate mosaic-tile floors that once adorned Pella’s grandest ancient mansions are worth a look. The mosaics depicting the “Amazonomachy” (Battle of the Amazons), the Abduction of Helen, and the Deer Hunt are especially noteworthy.
Leave Pella and travel to Vergina by bus. Learn about the city’s role as the one-time capital of the ancient Kingdom of Macedonia, and visit the museum highlighting artifacts from this historic civilization. You’ll see the royal tomb of King Philip the Second (father of Alexander the Great), and explore a variety of other gold relics. You’ll return to your Thessaloniki hotel at the end of the tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Keytours - Greece
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff