- Full-day sightseeing tour of southwestern Mauritius
- Visit highlights such as the 7 Colored Earth, Grand Bassin and taste rums at the Rhumerie de Chamarel
- Lunch included
- Round-trip transportation from Mauritius hotels
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Continue to Trou aux Cerf, a massive volcanic crater that measures 656 feet (200m) across and 279 feet (85m) deep. From the edge of the crater, you can see panoramic views of Mare aux Vacoas, Rose Hill and Cureipipe.
Visit Grand Bassin, home to a Hindu Temple and a surrounding sacred lake. This temple is the destination of the Maha Shivaretr, a yearly pilgrimage. Depart for Black River Gorges Natural Park, where you'll visit the Alexandra Fall and get views over the southern portion of the island. From Glack River Gorges Waterfall, snap photos of views over western Mauritius.
Stop for a rum tasting at the Rhumerie de Chamarel, a distillery that makes Mauritius' native rum, then continue to the nearby Chamarel Waterfall and the 7 Colored Earth, one of the islands most famous sights.
Finish your tour with drop-off back at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Eco Holidays (Mauritius)
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "There can be a lot of rouge guides in any country and Mauritius has their fair share so it is important to get with a registered one – Eco Holidays Mauritius is one of them." See review