- Private Malta sightseeing shore excursion
- See the best sights in Valletta and around the island
- Free time to shop or have lunch
- Private, English-speaking tour guide and private vehicle
- Visit the Upper Barrakka Gardens and Grandmaster’s Palace
- Free port pickup and drop-off
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Stop first in the postcard-perfect village of Marsaxlokk. Take in the harbor-front sights and snap photos of the luzzus (multi-colored fishing boats). Then, continue to Wied iz-Zurrieq, a rocky inlet that affords beautiful views of the famous Blue Grotto and Filfla island.
Continue past Mosta Dome, one of Europe’s largest unsupported domes, and travel into Valletta, Malta’s fortified capital city. Here, see the Grandmasters’ Palace, the former residence of Malta’s Grand Masters and currently the seat of parliament.
Next, travel to Upper Barrakka Gardens, the highest point in Valletta, where you’ll pause for photo opportunities of the city and the Grand Harbour. Finally, see Valletta’s ancient bastions before returning to the cruise terminal.
Worry-Free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Malta port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Clients will need to wear face masks in transport and museums.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY A.von Brockdorff Services Ltd.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms