- Whale watching cruise by boat to spot Southern Resident killer whales
- Two flights between Vancouver and Victoria are included
- See seals, sea lions, seabirds, and the spectacular vistas of Southern Vancouver Island
- Small group tour ensures personalized service
Departure & Return
The seaplane terminal can be found within the Vancouver Harbour Flight Centre, located right along Vancouver’s iconic seawall.
What To Expect
Leave behind Vancouver’s bustling harbor for the dramatic beauty of the Straight of Georgia. You have plenty of air time to soak up great aerial views of snow-capped mountains and verdant coastline before landing in Victoria. From there, board an open-topped Zodiac or covered Ocean Cruiser (please make your boat selection at time of purchase) for the whale-watching cruise.
Set off into Haro Strait, an area flush with salmon—a natural attraction for orcas during migration! Spot whale pods, as well as seals, sea lions, sea otters and more. Throughout your ride, your guide shares fascinating facts about the resident marine life, and explain the area’s unique oceanic ecosystem.
After your cruise, choose to head directly back to the mainland by seaplane, or stay in Victoria to visit great attractions like the Butchart Gardens or the Empress Hotel, known for its fabulous traditional English tea service. Please check with your guide for the last flight time of the day.
This tour is seasonal, operating from March to October.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 15 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult on the seaplane flight, and whale watching excursion.
- Not handicap accessible.
- Duration of tour may vary.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- On the whale watching excursion, covered vessel tours welcome people of all ages, however the zodiacs are restricted to those that are 6 years old and above, and a minimum height of 4 feet.
- Sorry, pets cannot be accommodated on the whale watching excursion. However, certified service animals can be accommodated on covered vessel tours only, and not zodiacs.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Harbour Air Seaplanes
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Take layers with you as it is windy if you are viewing up top, great touch that we could help ourselves to hot beverages on board and purchase a snack." See review