- Private 14-hour tour of Varanasi with Ganges River cruise
- Take two cruises on the Ganges River, one at sunrise and one at sunset that includes the Ganga Aarti ceremony
- Visit two Hindu temples, and a musuem on the Banaras Hindu University campus
- See Dhamekh Stupa, an important Buddhist site in Sarnath
- Includes private guide and vehicle, Ganges cruises, and hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointVaranasi, Varanasi, Varanasi District, Uttar Pradesh
Traveler pickup is offered
Varanasi Airport, Railway Station, Your Hotel or other desired location in Varanasi.
For airport and train pick-up, please provide arrival information during booking.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Witness morning rituals performed at the riverside. Afterward, follow your guide on a short walking tour of the old city's alleyways and catch sight of the Kashi Vishwanath, one of the holiest Hindu temples.
Stop for breakfast (own expense), then head to Banaras Hindu University at 10am. Established in 1916, BHU is the largest university campus in Asia. Tour the campus and see the Bharat Kala Bhavan museum and the new Vishwanath Temple (Birla Temple), which is an exact replica of the original Vishwanath Temple. Continue to Mother India Temple, built in 1918 and housing an unusual marble relief map of the Indian subcontinent.
At 12:30pm, learn about the silk weaving traditions of Varanasi, then take a break for lunch (own expense). Afterward, drive about eight miles (13 km) to Sarnath to take in Dhamekh Stupa, known as the place where the Buddha gave his first sermon. You'll also visit the Archaeological Museum, which features treasures that date to the 3rd-century BC (closed Fridays).
At 5pm, take another boat ride on the Ganges to view the cremation grounds, then return to Dashashwamedh Ghat to watch the evening Ganga Aarti ceremony. Your tour ends with return to your hotel around 8pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code - Temples is a sacred house of God and a place of daily worship. To preserving its sanctity and spiritual ambiance one must follow the below dress code within temple complex:
- Upper Wear: Must cover the shoulders, chest, navel, and upper arms Lower Wear: Must be at least below knee-length Remove footwear outside the temple. Socks are fine, you can keep wearing them.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if this is required (meals are at your own expense)
- A moderate amount of walking is involved please wear comfortable shoes
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Please note: The Archaeological Museum in Sarnath is closed on Fridays
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- During rainy season (July to September), Boat ride is subject to availability due to Ganges river overflow.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Pacific Classic Tours India
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff