- Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Basilica tour in Venice
- Skip the long entrance lines at the palace and basilica
- Explore the art-adorned palace and hear about the doges who ruled from here
- Admission fees included
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Calle Larga dell'Ascensione, Venice Address: Calle Larga dell'Ascensione, between Museum Correr and the Post Office
What To Expect
Admire the exquisite Gothic exterior, and bypass the main entrance lines with your skip-the-line ticket. Pass through security, and tour the opulent rooms, adorned with masterpieces by artists like Titian and Tintoretto. As you explore, listen as your guide tells tales of Venice’s doges and their ruling councils, charting the history of the 1,000-year republic and those who shaped its fortunes.
See the stunning gold staircase as you learn its history, and follow in the steps of prisoners who once crossed the famous Bridge of Sighs to their incarceration. Hear about prisoners like Giacomo Casanova and others, and view the bleak prison itself.
Next, head for St. Mark’s Basilica, another St. Mark’s Square showpiece. Admire the ornate façade, and pass the main lines for a comprehensive tour of this Byzantine masterwork.
See the gold mosaics and marble floor inlays, and view highlights including the gold, gem-encrusted Pala d'Oro alterpiece and the icons and riches in the Treasury.
Your tour then finishes in St. Mark’s Square when your guide departs.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Because of security checks you might experience a line to get inside the Doge Palace and St. Mark's Basilica. You will skip the line for non-reserved tickets but security check is mandatory.
- Maximum of 25 people on each tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- OPERATED BY Very Viva Venice Srl
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "Good tour and well worth using skip the line as it was a very busy day." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews