3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Dive into the delicious tradition of cicchetti and wine in Venice on this food tour. Get insider tips on where the locals go to eat and find out what Venetian dishes to try. Explore the maritime history of Venice with a knowledgeable guide as you walk through the colorful Rialto Market. Then, cross the Grand Canal by gondola and walk through the old Jewish Ghetto, Cannaregio, to sample snacks and drinks.
- Insider's food tour of Venice
- Learn about Venice's important place in the history of the spice trade
- Find out what Venetian specialties to order in restaurants
- Get advice about where to eat
- Explore the bustling Rialto Market with its fish and produce stands
- Sample some of Venice's traditional cicchetti and wine
Saved to wishlist!
All food tastings at the different bacari
Get to taste the local prosecco, spritz and wine
Short local Gondola Ride to cross the Grand Canal
Tasting of typical Venetian food at a local restaurant
Expert local tour guide
Small groups of 10 people or fewer
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This tour runs rain or shine. However, please note that the gondola ride cannot operate during heavy rain or high tides. In this case we will provide an alternative itinerary.
- Tour is in English only
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- From August 6th 2021, all Italy sites we visit will require clients and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test completed within 48 hours prior to entry. They will also require a legal form of ID matching the vaccination or test results. More info on the Italian Government website
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Walks - Italy, Spain & Greece
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Venice Food Tour Including Rialto Market and Cicchetti?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Venice Food Tour Including Rialto Market and Cicchetti?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Venice Food Tour Including Rialto Market and Cicchetti?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Venice Food Tour Including Rialto Market and Cicchetti?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Just make sure not to each much for breakfast, as within 10 minutes of the tour starting you're having your first bite to eat and first Spritz!!" See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Venice Food Tour Including Rialto Market and Cicchetti
2 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursWine TastingsWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeTours & SightseeingVeniceFood Tours - VenetoWine Tastings - VenetoWalking Tours - VenetoHalf-day Tours - VenetoFood Tours - TrevisoWine Tastings - TrevisoWalking Tours - TrevisoHalf-day Tours - TrevisoFood Tours - PaduaWine Tastings - PaduaWalking Tours - PaduaHalf-day Tours - PaduaCategory
Correr Museum (Museo Correr)Frari Church (Basilica dei Frari)Church of San Zaccaria (Chiesa di San Zaccaria)Campo San BartolomeoCampo Santa Maria FormosaSt. Mark's Clock Tower (Torre dell'Orologio)MazzorboHard Rock Cafe Venice Marco Polo's Home (Casa di Marco Polo)Bridge of SighsChurch of San Vidal (Chiesa di San Vidal)Rialto Fish Market (Mercato di Rialto)Peggy Guggenheim Collection (Collezione Peggy Guggenheim)Piombi Campo San LucaMadonna dell’Orto Church (Chiesa della Madonna dell'Orto)Querini Stampalia Foundation (Fondazione Querini Stampalia)Santa Croce Venice Music Museum (Museo della Musica)Venice Islands