Salzburg Day Trip from Vienna with Accommodation Pick-Up
- Day trip to Salzburg from Vienna
- Admire UNESCO-listed scenery on a drive through Wachau and the Salzkammergut
- View Salzburg’s must-sees including the Cathedral and Mozart’s House
- See the Mirabell Palace and Gardens, the setting for 'Do-Re-Mi' in 'The Sound of Music'
- Enjoy free time to shop, eat and stroll in Salzburg Old Town
- Travel by air-conditioned minivan or coach, with guided commentary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in central Vienna included
Departure & Return
Departure PointVienna, Austria
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel/Accomodation pickup and drop-off in zipcode area 1010 - 1090 included, 1100-1230 if possible, if not, we try to arrange the most comfortable meeting point possible, no pick up at accomodations off the city limits
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Stop for breakfast (own expense), and then continue into another UNESCO World Heritage gem: the Salzkammergut region of mountains and lakes that played a starring role in 'The Sound of Music.' Admire the lakes and villages, and hear fascinating snippets about the area’s history before arriving in Salzburg.
Take a walking tour of the UNESCO-protected Old Town with your guide, seeing landmarks including the Cathedral, Mozarteum, and St. Peter’s Cemetery, whose colonnades famously provided hiding for the Von Trapp family in the 1960 musical.
Wander along the cobbled Getreidegasse shopping street, and learn about Salzburg’s most famous former resident, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, as you pause outside the composer’s house.
See the Mirabell Palace and its gardens, the backdrop to the famous 'Do Re Mi' scene in The Sound of Music, and take in the views from here up to the Hohensalzburg, the hilltop fortress looming over the city.
After your tour, enjoy free time to explore independently. Perhaps delve into the cobbled alleyways to shop, enjoy a late lunch (own expense) or sightsee further, perhaps visiting Mozart’s House or St. Peter’s Abbey.
When it’s time, rejoin your guide and relax on your scenic ride back to Vienna. Your tour concludes with a drop-off at your central Vienna hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please ensure you add your tour language and pickup-address at the moment of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children up to 12years/36kg have to be seated in children's seat, date of birth necessary at the time of booking
- A current valid passport or in case of holding EU-citizenship an ID (no copy) is required on the day of travel.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Local accommodation address is required upon booking added in "special requirements"
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Royal Tours Reisebuero GesmbH
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Salzburg Day Trip from Vienna with Accommodation Pick-Up.