- Visit Salzburg, the home of Mozart, on a day trip from Vienna
- Walking tour through Salzburg's Old Town—a UNESCO World Heritage listed site
- See the famous gardens of Mirabell Palace
- Includes round-trip transportation from central Vienna
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
On request free pick-up from SELECTED hotels and transfer to the departure point. Please call +43 1 712 46 83. Please enquire at your hotel reception desk regarding the pick-up time and the possibility of a pick-up. Please note: pick-ups can only be guaranteed if you book 24-hours in advance.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Soak up incredible views from the windows as you travel, passing the landscape of lakes and mountains where Emperor Franz Joseph and his family used to holiday. Pause at Lake Mondsee for photos before reaching Salzburg and enjoying some free time for lunch.
Afterward, explore the Old Town on a walking tour. Pass the Festival Hall, the Cathedral and St. Peter’s Abbey, as your guide explains the stories behind these historical sites and how the city became a bishop’s seat. You also learn about the city’s most famous resident, Wolfgang Mozart, who was born in Salzburg and lived in the city until his late teens. As you walk through the busy shopping streets, spot the prolific composer’s home at no. 9 Getreidegasse.
Admire the gardens as you continue through Mirabell Palace, where several scenes from 'The Sound of Music' were filmed. Pass the statue of Pegasus, the same statue that Maria and the children famously danced around while singing ‘Do-Re-Mi.’
Your Salzburg day trip concludes with a scenic drive back to Vienna, passing through the Fortress Hohensalzburg, one of the largest medieval castles in Europe. You are dropped off at the Vienna State Opera.
Please note, pick up services only available with certain hotels. Please check 'view additional info.' for hotel details and pick-up time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Please note, pick up services only available with certain hotels. Please check 'view additional info' for hotel details and pick-up time
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Please note, that wearing an FFP2 mask in the Hop On Hop Off and tour buses is required by law, therefore bringing your own mask is requested.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Vienna Sightseeing Tours Wiener Rundfahrten GmbH & Co.KG
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands