- Cycle through one of Austria's best wine regions, the Wachau Valley
- Professional guide will show you the sights and recommend fine Austrian wines
- Enjoy wine tastings at local wineries
- Visit the UNESCO town of Durnstein where King Richard the Lionheart was held captive
Departure & Return
The tour starts form our tour office: Franz Josefs Kai 45 (Metro U2 / U4 Schottenring, take exit “Schottenring” or “Salztorbrücke”.
What To Expect
On arrival in the valley, collect your modern bikes and listen to a short safety briefing. The gentle, 15-mile (24-km) route is comprised primarily of cycle paths and quiet roads, ensuring you’ll feel safe and secure throughout.
Pedal beside the picturesque Danube River and feast your senses on stunning scenery before stopping at your first winery to sample the local bounty. During each tasting, a wine expert will detail the production processes and subtle tastes of each wine.
Midway through the day, you’ll stop in the charming village of Dürnstein to explore during free time. Opt to ascend to the ruins of a fortress used to incarcerate King Richard the Lionhear or simply relax on the beach beside the Danube. Swimming is optional so bring along a towel and bathing suit if you’d like to dip in the Danube.
After lunch in a local tavern, continue cycling to your final winery before returning to the train station for the transfer back to Vienna.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Total cycling distance is approx. 16 miles (25 kilometers)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Routes may vary due to weather or other factors
- Lunch is available at one of the local wine taverns (approx. 13.00 euros payable directly). Vegetarian option is also provided.
- We do not provide Electric Bikes for this tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Vienna Explorer
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms