Explore our promoted experiences
- Architecture tour of Washington, DC
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- See Capitol Hill-area landmarks
- Learn about DC history
- Small group ensures personal service
- Led by a local guide
Departure & Return
Our tour begins inside the Great Hall of Union Station under the big clock near the red banners. When entering the station from the main entrance, turn right and look up to see the clock.
The tour concludes inside the U.S. Capitol Visitors Center, where guests can tour the Capitol Building.
What To Expect
Hear stories about the colorful designers of DC’s cityscape, from Thomas Jefferson to Robert Mills, Frederick Law Olmstead, and Daniel Burnham, and find out how they battled red tape, chaos, and controversy. Follow your guide along a route that includes the U.S. Capitol Building and the Capitol Grounds—look up to see the Statue of Freedom who tops the Capitol dome, and ignited controversies when she was first unveiled. Continue past the imposing Supreme Court of the United States, and learn about the vast collection inside the Library of Congress Thomas Jefferson Building.
This tour, which covers roughly 1-mile of ground, concludes at the U.S. Capitol Visitors Center, close to National Mall sights and public transport.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY DC Design Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands