30 minutes to 4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Experience American history firsthand with a ticket to Mount Vernon, George Washington’s elegant home on the banks of the Potomac River near Washington DC. Explore the manicured grounds and get a glimpse of his daily work and life in his study and private rooms. Learn the stories behind the remarkable estate at the Orientation Center, then visit the 5-acre experimental farm; from April through October, admission includes entry to the onsite gristmill and whiskey distillery.
- Admission to the grounds of George Washington’s Mount Vernon
- Explore the legendary estate on a self-guided tour
- Roam the picturesque grounds, and admire views of the Potomac River
- See heritage-breed animals, and learn about slave life on the plantation
- Discover Washington’s whiskey business at the distillery
Saved to wishlist!
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
3200 Mount Vernon Memorial Hwy, Mt Vernon, VA 22121, USA
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- OPERATED BY George Washington's Mount Vernon
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Mount Vernon Grounds Pass?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Mount Vernon Grounds Pass?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
What is the social distancing policy during Mount Vernon Grounds Pass?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Compare Similar Experiences
Mount Vernon Grounds Pass
30 to 240 minutes
4 hours 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Skip-the-Line ToursDistillery Tours Walking ToursHistorical ToursAttractions & MuseumsMuseum Tickets & PassesWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeSightseeing Tickets & PassesTours & SightseeingWashington DCSkip-the-Line Tours - PhiladelphiaDistillery Tours - PhiladelphiaWalking Tours - PhiladelphiaHistorical Tours - PhiladelphiaAttractions & Museums - PhiladelphiaMuseum Tickets & Passes - PhiladelphiaSkip-the-Line Tours - PittsburghDistillery Tours - PittsburghWalking Tours - PittsburghHistorical Tours - PittsburghAttractions & Museums - PittsburghMuseum Tickets & Passes - PittsburghSkip-the-Line Tours - New York CityDistillery Tours - New York CityWalking Tours - New York CityHistorical Tours - New York CityAttractions & Museums - New York CityMuseum Tickets & Passes - New York CityCategory
Heurich House MuseumRonald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)United States Treasury BuildingFolger Shakespeare LibraryJohn F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts President Lincoln's CottageDecatur HouseDeWitt Wallace Decorative Arts MuseumCongressional CemeteryNational Museum of African ArtU Street CorridorMadame Tussauds Washington DCFrederick Douglass National Historic SiteAlbert Einstein MemorialOld Post Office PavilionNational Museum of the American IndianFBI HeadquartersBusch Gardens WilliamsburgChurch of the EpiphanyNational Mall