5 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Discover the place that President George Washington called home on a 5-hour tour to Mount Vernon. Relax and enjoy the scenery as provided transportation takes you from the capital into the countryside. Take a guided tour inside the mansion, then explore the 500 acre grounds independently and at your own pace. During the return trip to the city, stop at Christ Church in Alexandria, where Washington attended sermons.
- Visit the former home of George Washington
- Sit on Washington’s reserved pew at Christ Church
- Skip car rental and enjoy provided transportation
- Take a break from the hustle and bustle
Saved to wishlist!
Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting point
Departure & Return
400 New Jersey Ave NW , 400 New Jersey Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001, USAThis activity will end right where it started.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers
- OPERATED BY Astra tours and transportation llc
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Mount Vernon Historical Walking Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Mount Vernon Historical Walking Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Mount Vernon Historical Walking Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Mount Vernon Historical Walking Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Mount Vernon Historical Walking Tour
7 hours 50 minutes
4 hours 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingWashington DCBus Tours - WilliamsburgHistorical Tours - WilliamsburgHalf-day Tours - WilliamsburgBus Tours - PhiladelphiaHistorical Tours - PhiladelphiaHalf-day Tours - PhiladelphiaBus Tours - PittsburghHistorical Tours - PittsburghHalf-day Tours - PittsburghCategory
The White HouseInternational Spy MuseumCapital One ArenaKorean War Veterans MemorialVietnam Veterans MemorialNational TheatreFranklin Delano Roosevelt MemorialKenilworth Park and Aquatic GardensUnited States Botanic GardenU.S. National ArboretumNational Archives MuseumOld Town AlexandriaGeorgetown UniversityOld Stone House National World War II MemorialNational Academy of SciencesHard Rock Café Washington DCPetersen House Heurich House MuseumWoodrow Wilson House