- Guided tour of Mount Vernon, one of the most famous historical estates in America
- Explore the 23-room mansion with a guide and admire its views of the Potomac River
- See how the mansion has been restored to look as it did in 1799 when George Washington died
- Visit the tomb of George and Martha Washington
- Watch colonial-era actors at work in a blacksmith shop and on a colonial farm
- Take a guided bus tour through historical Old Town Alexandria
Departure & Return
Meet your tour guide at the Hyatt Regency Hotel (close to Union Station Metro). Address: 400 New Jersey Ave. NW Washington DC 20001 Please plan to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to tour start time.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After lunch at Mount Vernon (not included), enjoy a guided bus tour of Old Town Alexandria. See George Washington’s old “stomping grounds,” including Gadsby's Tavern Restaurant and Museum, which hosted Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, James Madison and James Monroe, among many other dignitaries. Visit Historic Ramsey House, also the site of Alexandria’s Visitors Center and Lee-Fendall House, a veritable showcase of American history since 1785. Also, see some of the town’s major attractions, like the Old Presbyterian Meeting House, Christ Church, the 7-foot-wide Spite House, Robert E. Lee’s Boyhood Home and the Torpedo Factory Art Center.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY City Tours by LOBA
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "On my next visit, I would like to book the same trip with Joe and visit other areas of the estate and museum." See review