Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day roundtrip cheese and chocolate tour to the Switzerland mountains
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 16 people ensures personalized attention
- Guided coach tour to Appenzell and to the cheese factory in Stein with cheese tasting
- Taste fresh milk at a typical Swiss farm
- Take the aerial cable car to Mt. Hoher Kasten for views over the Rhine Valley
- Visit a boutique chocolate manufacture and enjoy a chocolate tasting
- Receive a goodie bag of Swiss delicacies worth at least CHF 40
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
The official departure point for all tours departing from Zürich is Sihlquai Bus Terminal, close to Zürich’s main train station (Zürich HB). Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to tour start at the white ticket office marked with “Best of Switzerland Tours” or “City Tours & Excursions”.
What To Expect
Visit a local cheese factory to uncover the production secrets behind Appenzeller cheese during a cheese tasting, and then continue to Brulisau to experience panoramic vistas of the dramatic Swiss Alps. Ride an aerial cable car to the snow-capped summit of Mt Hoher Kasten and capture breathtaking views from an altitude of 6,000 feet (1,800 meters).
Enjoy a unique dining experience in the mountaintop’s revolving restaurant (own expense) and stroll through the beautiful Alpine Garden before returning to sea level for a short walking tor of Appenzell.
Visit a boutique chocolate manufacture and indulge your sweet tooth with delectable Swiss chocolate during a tasting.
After thoroughly exploring the region, return to your vehicle and return to Zurich with a goodie bag full of Swiss delicacies collected at the visited attractions throughout the day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Best of Switzerland Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Overall, it was nice to get out of the city, walk around Appenzell, which was actually kind of quiet (best to avoid Mondays for this tour since some family-owned stores close on Monday and stay open on Saturday instead)." See review
- "Best to include a detailed guided visit of these two sites and information about the making of Chocolate and cheese." See review